Monday, November 9, 2009

100!

This is my 100th post! I know I total stink at this blog thing. So this time I'm not even going to say I'm going to do better that way I don't let you or myself down, HA! Really our lives aren't that exciting to write about. But since I haven't blogged since August I'll give y'all a rundown on things.


Brayden & I have started bowling. Sad thing his average isn't much lower than mine. Granted he has the bumpers & I don't.


We have FINALLY!!! started adjusting to our new school schedule. Things were a little rough there at the first. Many of mornings I either walked out of the house highly annoyed @ Shawnn & Brayden or I wanted to cry.


We had our 1st ever Parent/Teacher conference. I have to admit I was a little nervous. I'm so not one of those mom's that think her child is perfect. Actually he's far from it. IT WENT GREAT!!!!! I left there so proud of our lil guy. He's right where he needs to be. His teacher said he's a great student & very eager to learn. He's like a little sponge, he soaks everything up! I love going home in the evenings to hear all about his day. They learn a new word each week that they call their popcorn word. On Monday evenings he can spell it & use it in a sentence. Just amazing. They are learning how to read too, so he's constantly sounding out words. Again, just amazing! I'm sooooo glad he loves school & hopefully he continues to be a star student & an eager beaver...HA!

Brayden got an award at school.....Each month each class in the school has a STAR student....Well Mr. Brayden was the STAR student for the month of Oct.


I went through a spell of dr. visits. I went to the dr. 3 times in 3 weeks for 3 different things! NO FUN!!! & NO INSURANCE....yeah it stunk but I'm all better, thank goodness. First time I had a bad sinus infection. It started the Sunday before Labor Day. I was very sick Tuesday, started feeling better but by Friday I was worse. Then a week after that my left hip started hurting to the point I could barely walk. I had hip bursitis, I'm not even sure I meet the age requirements! A week after that my right ankle started swelling again. Long story short on the ankle I had a hairline fracture back in April 08 that I didn't know about. Fell again in Oct. 08 stayed swollen for over 2 weeks. That's how I found out about the hairline fracture. I thought that the swelling was from my hip hurting & I was putting more weight on my ankle. Well it continued. By Wed. afternoon from my toes to my knee were so swollen I couldn't bend my leg. Go back to the dr. & he says it could possibly be a blood clot. Well at that moment I didn't hear much else. Sorry but that was a little scary. Especially when I ask if I should be concerned & he says to me well just for the next 30 minutes!!! Apparently, he also said he didn't really think that's what it was but wanted to be on the safe side. Thank goodness Shawnn was with me. No blood clot, still not sure what the deal is.

Halloween was good. Busy but fun! Brayden was worn out within a hour. He was so excited he used up all his energy at the beginning. He was Bumble Bee from Transformers. I wish he was still little & couldn't voice his opinion on what he wants to be for Halloween. I'm just not a big fan of those cheap costumes.

I can't believe we're already into the month of November! Seriously, it feels like I just celebrated Christmas & now it's getting to be that time again.

Well I think I've covered everything, well that's worth sharing.

0 comments: