Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Let the Stress Begin....

So the holidays are approaching fast, I'm excited about it but yet I'm starting to stress already. I'm telling myself "you will not stress this year, you will enjoy the holidays and that's it". When I was younger I loved the holidays, you get out of school, people buy you stuff, you get to eat great food, see your family, what's there not to like and be happy about?!? Well then I became an adult and a parent and things are allot different now. I work a full time job, yes we'll be closed the day of Thanksgiving and the day after, Christmas Eve, Christmas day, and the day after Christmas, but I don't get off work like I did when I was in school. People still buy me stuff, but I also have to buy people stuff, still get to eat great food, but I feel guilty about stuffing my face these days, still get to see family which is wonderful. But it's not the same as when I was a kid, I have more worries then I did then. I now have a second family that I have to share holidays with, before all I had to worry about was my family. How do you make holidays fair?? I mean someone's got to be put on the back burner and I hate that, it stresses me out!!!! Shawnn and I will have to come up with a plan so we get to see all of our families and no one's left out. I just don't know how to make this happen. But regardless I'm going to enjoy the holidays for my sake and my families sake. This is the first year Brayden really knows what's goin on, and that makes me happy yet still stressed. But I'm trying very hard to make the happiness out weigh the stress, I have too. Everything Brayden sees he says "I want that, ohh I want that too". A three year old has no concept of money or can't understand you can't have everything you want. We've already been telling him "Brayden Santa can't bring you everything you want or ask for, he has to take toys to all the boys and girls in the world". But I'm loving how excited he's getting about it all.

I'm thinking of cooking Thanksgiving dinner for my family this year. It'll be the first time, my mom has always cooked Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas dinner so this year I want her to be able to sit back and enjoy her time off work. I'll keep you updated.

I know I've done lots of rambling today but hey that is the name of my game right?!?!

~Jamie~

0 comments: