Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Depression

Most of my friends know that I've suffered from depression. This all started after I had Brayden, post partum depression. I tried not taking anything but eventually I had too. The Dr. prescribed me Lexapro which is a great medication for depression and anxiety (which I also had). When I first started taking it I had insurance, and for almost 2 years now I haven't had insurance so I've been paying $80 a month for a long time. My pharmacist told me last month to check with my Dr. about switching to Celexa, so yesterday I called the Dr. and he switched me to the genric of Celexa. So instead of paying $80 a month I'll only be paying $4 a month!!!! I'm so excited about that.

I'm also excited that I hadn't had my medicine since Saturday evening and I felt fine. Anyone who's been depressed or has had an anxiety attack knows that's great to 'feel fine'. My depression and anxiety wasn't severe like some peoples, but it was severe to me, if that makes sense. I feel good about talking about this topic, some people think being depressed means you're not happy with your life or you're crazy, which both can cause depression. Well I can safely say in my situation I was happy with my life, things just weren't right up stairs, no I'm not crazy and didn't want to end my life or anyone elses, I had a chemical imbalance and that caused me to be depressed and anxious. I personally think there are lots of people that need to be on medication but are to ashamed to take it b/c they're afraid of what people will think, I say this b/c I was one of those people. Now I don't care, the medicine made me better and that's the important thing. I have no problem telling people my story and how I feel compared to how I felt 2 1/2 years ago. Maybe this blog will change other peoples outlook and maybe it'll help someone!

~Jamie~

0 comments: