Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Brayden's Birthday

I know some people will probably think I'm crazy but after last year's birthday party I told Shawnn I will not stress or break down again because of a birthday party!! That's not what they are about. So we chose the date for Brayden's birthday party a year ago!! Crazy I know but his birthday is July 3rd, it can be a good thing. Most of our family and friends are either on vacation or at the lake for 4th of July, so it makes scheduling a party a little on the difficult side. So we either have to have his party early or late. At this age it's really not a big deal because he doesn't grasp that concept yet, in a few years will be a different story though. Last year was just awful, I know I shouldn't say that but I seriously wished I could've just not done a party. It was 10 times more stressful then anything to do with my wedding planning!! We couldn't do it this date because of whatever reason, couldn't do it here because it was booked or someone didn't feel comfortable or blah blah blah!! So we ended up having it at a friends house (since we don't have a house we can't fit that many people in our apt.) which was very nice of them and I'm very thankful for having friends like that. They weren't even there,they just let us have their house for the night. But it was so thrown together and I'm not a thrown together kinda person, I like having a plan. There was more to the awfulness but I'm not going there, I think I've complained enough. So because of last year's mess, I've already booked Brayden's birthday location. After lots of phone calls, research, comparsions, discussions between Shawnn and I.........we booked a pavillion at Ben Geren. It's a big pavilion with lots of tables and it's right next to the big play area and not to far from the restrooms (ugh!! I know), plus if we want to do any other kind of games we've got so much field. It's 3 months in advance but hey I will have no worries, unless of course we have rain that day, which I do have bad luck but I'm not even going there right now. I will deal with that if it happens!! So now I can rest and relax for the next couple of months before I start with all the decorations and theme. Brayden last night said he wants a Danny Phantom party, we have no clue where that came from. I'm going to try to steer him towards Scooby Doo or something like that.

0 comments: